Tuesday, January 1, 2013

twenty thirteen

Happy New Year!

On someone's blog I read that they always starts a new year with three things they are thankful for and three things they have achieved the year before. I thought it was a nice idea and decided to start this year with those, instead of the usual New Year's resolutions.

Three things I'm thankful for in 2012
  • The wedding - which means that I'm thankful for my husband, my family, my friends, and everyone who supported us so we could have a wonderful wedding.
  • The bond - between my ex-colleagues and me, so that we keep in touch no matter where we are.
  • The choir - for giving me such a fun time in that rather depressing year.

    (Naturally, I'm always thankful for waking up every day, for the air that I breathe, for my parents and so on, that goes without saying.)

    Three things I've achieved in 2012
    • The wedding - in which I managed, not without a lot of help, to plan and organize our wedding without turning mad (well, maybe just slightly).
    • The Christmas choir - in which I became a surprisingly successful replacement conductor just about two weeks before the D-Day.
    • The bicycle - in which I pushed myself to get on to the bicycle again, after having an accident, which broke some of my teeth and planted a pea-sized pebble into my left palm.

    To tell you the truth, apart from the happiness that was brought by the wedding, I felt that 2012 was a rather difficult year for me. It took me a while to think back and remember the positive moments. So I'm rather glad that 2012 is finally over. Let's all start anew! Welcome 2013!

    Wishing you all a joyful and meaningful new year!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment